The market is so full of spy gadgets, it makes you wonder ‘why in the world would I need them?!’ Especially, when you are not James Bond! You are just another person going about his (or her) routine life, and you work for neither the CIA nor the FBI; not even the ultra-modern “SHIELD”! And neither are you a Hollywood actor nor a Television series action hero!
So, are these tech-savvy gadgets only for the people in the above classifications? If so, why are these gadgets thronging the market and getting lapped up like the hottest cake in town? Ever wondered?! Then, welcome to the new age of keeping track of your personal and professional life and defining how you make decisions and choices. Not to mention, some geeky fun you could enjoy in the process!
Spy gadgets are hot; and at the same time, literally, the coolest gadgets around. If you have not yet seen some of these cool gadgets, its time you did; and if you know what they are, its time you checked out these latest additions.
- If you are new, let’s begin with one that can satisfy the child in you! The Spy Gear – Field Agent Spy Watch; and yes, this is a real working watch that claims to combine eight different functions into a single simple gadget that can adorn your wrist and help you become a super cool spy! To begin with, you can write and decode secret messages as well as send them to your secret friends and ‘fellow-agents’. It comes with a secret spy paper and also includes safe-drop capsules.
Motion sensor alarms to detect intrusions, a stopwatch feature to time your moves and missions, world clock to manage and co-ordinate your activities with field agents all over the world, and an alarm to wake you up on time to get ready for your day of action! Ok, agreed; that sounds straight out of a Bond movie and might make a great toy in real-life rather than an everyday gadget. So, yeah, you can play with it; or you can gift it to your kid who wants to play ‘Spy kid’. And now that you have a fair idea of what spy gadgets can do and how you can use them; let’s get real and look at some cool gadgets that can help you in real life!
- Ever been in a situation where you wanted to hear more than the buzzing sound when your manager and colleague were taking a tea break or were animatedly talking in the conference hall? Wondered what your wife and mother-in-law were discussing in the kitchen? Freaking out on your daughter spending hours on the phone with her “so-called” friend? Stop worrying and get to know all that you want to hear with this Bionic Ear-Hearing Amplifier from Motokata. This gadget comes with a sound-magnification system that allows you to hear conversations even while standing 20 feet away. You no longer have to find excuses to get closer to the point of conversation and the device is small enough to fit in your shirt pocket!
- Someone chatting on your personal or office computer? Your ward spending too much time on chats, late night; or is it your spouse? Find out! Get this Computer Mouse Transmitter – a nonchalant looking mouse that comes integrated with a microphone and transmitter circuit. Capable of picking up audio and voices that are up to 32 feet away; this would be quite a big investment though. Priced at over $1100, you need to really think through the worth of its utility before you get your hands on it!
- Want to catch the trouble-doers who are messing with your car? Fed up with the guy who keeps over-taking you and making your drive to office an exhausting affair? Let this little gadget do the work for you and let the law take its course. The Vehicle Safeguard Video Recording Camera can conveniently sit on your dashboard and help you catch the culprits red-handed. You can change the recording angle to suit your needs and get a 2-GB SD card to record all you want! Weighing at just about one pound and with four AAA batteries, your troubles could just be over.
- Looking for a recording device that would not be identified easily? Then here’s what might be your best bet – the Charger DVR from Ajoka. It comes with both, built-in audio as well as video and can record up to 66 hours of video in its 2GB micro SD card. And when it does not pretend to be charging, the built-in lithium ion battery will keep it going! Quite an extraordinary charging device; isn’t it?
- Phone spyware is becoming so common that if your spouse decides to cheat on you, the first thing in their list would be to get a new phone or new SIM and keep it a secret. So, forget about installing spyware on their phones, instead get this new spy gadget – the Phone Sim Card Spy from BrickHouse. It provides a hardware and software solution that helps you view, save, edit and even recover deleted files. Just slip out their SIM and insert it into the Spy reader; now connect to any computer. It’s as easy as that; however, getting your spouse’s SIM might be the difficult part!
- Another sleek device that could help you record all you want, whether you are using it or just leaving it on the desk is the Sunglasses DVR Camera from Ajoka. Although that sounds straight out of a Hollywood spy movie, it is for real and is capable of recording audio and video at the rate of 30 frames per second. It also includes a 1.3 megapixel color camera and 2GB memory. Now that makes a cool gadget for any spy!
- This is a cool gadget that was created with the intention of helping the US police make their pursuit chases safer; however, that is no reason why it should not be useful for you! What if you want to car chase your partner just to catch them red-handed and get enough evidence to prove their infidelity? You don’t have to get a speeding ticket or end up with an accident just to catch up with them. Simply shoot this projectile that comes with a GPS receiver, wireless transmitter, and a battery to keep it going.
- If you find sneaking out your partner’s phone or SIM difficult and can’t explain why you need to check out your child’s phone every now and then, here’s the solution – Interceptor Software. You can get alerts every time a call or message is made or received and listen to all the conversations. All that you need to do is dial the phone from a pre-defined number. However, it needs to be a Nokia phone; the only other deterrent is its high cost.
- You followed your partner till dusk and now the sun begins to ditch you? Don’t worry; use these Stealth Binoculars to help you keep up without having to move in too close. It promises to give you excellent night and day vision with red or white LED lights. It gives excellent viewing even from 25 feet away. What better way to stay in the shadows and not miss out anything important?
So if you are looking for some really cool gadgets, these are few that could meet your requirements; and if you are new to this genre, these are some you could check out. You might not be a James Bond; but that doesn’t mean you won’t need spy gadgets. Who knows when life would make you an “avenger”?!